chrome extensions  Black Menu   A Compact Google Dashboard For You

I'm a huge user of Google's many apps and services. I use Sites, Blogger, Chrome, Chromebook, Android, Search, Reader, Calendar, Gmail, Tasks, and much more. While I have shortcuts on my new tab page in Chrome and on my Chromebook, I can't fit all of them on one page. iGoogle is also being shutdown so I won't have that either. But, I just found out about a new Chrome browser extension that is even better from Chrome Story. Black Menu.

Black Menu is an extension for Google Chrome Browser that is awesome! It installs into your browser and gives you instant access to all of Google's apps and tools, including Google+, Calendar, Tasks, Maps, Play and more.


Just click on the extension and it brings up the menu shown above. The image above shows all the choices for Google search, including web, videos, shopping, patents, flights, images and more. Easy one-stop search. 

Clicking on Google+ gives you links to all of the menu choices of Google+ including your profile, circles, hangouts and more. That's how Black Menu works. It puts all of the links and menu choices you need in one place. All of your Gmail labels, recent Docs in Drive, along with folder and other access. 

The best feature, for me at least, is with Calendar and Tasks. When you hover your cursor over the Calendar tab, it shows a live calendar, with your appointments for the day, and the first part of your task list. 


Black Menu is a great, powerful, resource that makes accessing your Google apps and tools easier, faster, and more convenient. It can also save time. No need to have tons of tabs open with all of your apps. Just click on this and go.

I highly recommend this to anyone who uses Google.


Related:

Google for Education Resources

Why, and How, I use Google's many Apps and Tools as an Educator








 
Top